Wednesday, February 18, 2015

snowed in....for a third day in a row

ok, so....the county judge executive closed all county agencies, including mine, for an unprecedented third day in a row. Probably just as well as most of my staff live 'out in the county' on roads not yet cleared and so while I might have been able to make it I could not have opened without at least one clerk and one nurse...so what would have been the point....wondering about the likelihood of closure for Thursday at this point given that snow continues to fall and the temps will drop to near or below zero with wind-chill. As for me, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two bonus days off....I have watched 14 episodes of Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries on Netflix....and have worked on a second afghan .....having finished the one I was determined to finish as a NY resolution and discovering I had enough odds-and-end shades of cream yarn for a second one. If this weather keeps up I may finish it....and then maybe start on finishing the quilt top that may have been started when the boys were little and blue and peach were the 'house colors'. The 'quilt project' is stuffed into a bag...and I have not had the heart to take it out and to figure out where it is in the process...or whether the pattern has been included in said bag.....heavy sigh....I am making orange pound cake out of a white cake mix, canned mandarin oranges and vanilla yogurt that needs to be used up...planning on using orange extract rather than orange juice, which I may just drink with some leftover champagne....why not?....I am also heating up bean soup that I had frozen when I decided I had had enough of eating it as a leftover at supper and work-day lunch.....there may be enough eggs left to make a small batch of cornbread to go with the bean soup....and if I can manage to make time I will prepare for my class scheduled for Thursday night.....if I do not prepare the snow will surely stop, the roads will surely be cleared and the temps will surely warmmmmmmm...enjoy YOUR day.....

No comments: