Wednesday, September 07, 2005

quid pro quo

ok, so...in any worplace there is an unwritten rule of tit-for-tat......you take the time to listen to my stories, and I will return the favor when you have stories that need to be told....and so it was today.....that everybody but me had a story to tell.....there was the clerk whose younger son announced that he is getting a divorce after a long but childless marriage ....and the nurse whose mother had a massive heart attack within hours of leaving her cardiologist's office........the mother died two days later....I missed all of that while I was away.....and then there is the clerk whose 11-yearold daughter called last thursday.....only to have somebody hang up on her after saying that the clinic was much too busy for such calls.....nobody has fessed up to it.......and there is an underlying air of tension/everybody wants to talk about the fact that nobody has confessed......and then there is the nurse whose daughter is rooming at a ky college with a clotheshorse...and the clothing is taking up more than the roommates half of the room.......so many stories....ironically my family imagines that I spend my days telling nothing but stories about each of them.......but my stories pale in comparison to those of my coworkers.....but should i need to divest myself of any personal budren, there ar now numerous folks who owe a few moments of their time...

No comments: